Hi all! 😘
Sooo… I’ve been playing around with makeup looks often and I came across something very different. It was a light cut crease with a full on gold glitter!
I used the Revlon Photoready Eye art in the color Topaz Twinkle.
I also used the brown eyeshadow which I found in my NYX love in Paris eyeshadow palette for the cut crease.
This is a very simple yet elegant look, which can definitely be done for any night out or function.
Simply end off the look with a red lip!
Finally got my hands on this baby 😍
It’s an extremely soft brush, the brush fibers are like cushioning on the skin! It comes in a very compact size which fits perfectly in your hand, as well as the shape that easily reaches the difficult areas of the eye. This brush is also another tool for a perfect contour as well as an airbrush look!
The dimensions of the brush itself are 15cm in length. The head of the brush is approx 2cm in width and 3.5cm in length, although it might look quite big in pictures. 📏
When I got the brush yesterday I decided to give the below a go, just so that you know what to expect from this brush:
1. I applied foundation, which was extremely easy, as well as giving it a very natural, airbrushed look.
2. I also tried concealing under the eyes, which then again blended in amazingly.
3. Lastly I tried contouring with it, I had used both a powder formula as well as a creamy formula and to my surprise this little brush magically blended in my contour to perfection.
I am in awe at the size of this brush, as well as the work one can get done with it. It’s truly an all in one! 😍
Remember this is also a dupe of the Cailyn O Wow Makeup brush for half the price.
Would definitely recommend this brush to everyone! I am obsessed with my purchase. 😍
I purchased this from Swiitchbeauty.
Hope the holidays were amazing!!
Since early Jan, I was back at work and studies have started again.
Today I’m doing a review on the new MAC Faerie Whispers foiled shadow that I recently purchased.
These shadows come in 8 colors, all of which are based on fairy colours, which are pinks, purples, bronzes etc.
I bought the colour ‘Joy Toy’ which was the only one that actually grabbed my attention. It’s a shimmery pink colour which could pass as champagne in different lighting.
It goes for R280 per shadow and comes in a 3g container, which is extremely strong.
The reason why I bought this shadow was because it was foiled and it’s very difficult to find them over here in South Africa, and buying them online works out too expensive due to the rand-dollar exchange.
Below I have two pics on which I’ve done two different types of eye makeup to show you how it looks when applied with MAC fix it spray, and without.
This product was worth every cent as there wasn’t fall out and a little goes a very long way! I just gently dabbed a bit on my brush and applied it to the eye 😍 and this was the results!!
As you can see without the Mac fix it spray, it’s pinkish, and with it it has a goldish tone to it!
Hope this review helped you decide whether or not you would purchase it.
Hope you all are enjoying the final stretch of 2015. It’s been pretty hot over here in South Africa, with temperatures reaching up to 39 degrees Celsius. ☀️
Today I’ve done a look that can be easily done on brides, it’s more of a natural look, with a touch of smoke to the ends of the eyes. This look will go as a dramatic bridal look, and once the ends are abit lightened, it goes perfectly for a natural bridal look. What I Used-
For the face- MAC studio fix liquid foundation.
Eyes- Prepped the eye with the NYX eye primer, then I used the Diamond Glow by Maybelline in number 6. I used a waterproof based eyeliner to complete the look, and the MUD mascara for the lashes.
Please note- in most of my images, I do not use fake lashes, it’s the actual lashes of the person once I’ve used mascara.
For the rest of the face, (which is cropped out) I used the MAC mineralize blush in the colour ‘Cheeky Bronze’ and I completed it with adding the STILA all day liquid lipstick in Beso. (both examples of these can be found in my previous blogposts)
When I have the permission to add full pictures up of a person, I will definitely do so.
What are your comments on this look? Would this be something you would go for on your wedding day?
Do any of you think I should start an Instagram account for shadesofbeauty?
Leave a comment below 😘 Or alternatively subscribe to my blog.
Lots of Love,
So it’s that time of the year, where everyone is traveling, be it in and around your country or traveling to another country. It’s December! And the long awaited holiday fever has finally hit us all. ☀️
Do you find packing to be a huge problem? Isn’t it so difficult to decide what to take with and what to leave behind?
Today I’ve decided to pin point what you NEED to take with on a holiday, hopefully helping you make up your mind about the unnecessary stuff that seriously need to be left behind.
To make life easier, always make a list and tick off as you fill your suitcase.
* Rule Number 1- DO NOT take your whole shoe wardrobe with, all you need is 1 pump/flat shoe, and maybe a training shoe if you plan on hiking or sightseeing, and if really necessary then maybe a heel for a dinner night.
* When it comes to bulky items, try and get it as small as you can, by rolling it up neatly.
* T-shirt’s can be wrapped into the pants that will be worn with it.
* Remember that all you need to take with is a few t-shirt’s with 3 or 4 pants that you can mix and match. Most of us have the habit of buying a whole new wardrobe, especially when one is holidaying overseas, and if we over pack when going, there won’t be any space when coming back!
* All small delicate items, should be packed in between your clothing so that it has maximum support.
* Pajamas, stick to a maximum of two, it can always be washed
* Same goes with swimwear, only take a maximum of two which can be washed and swapped on either day.
* Underwear can be taken to its maximum capacity as it fits perfectly into those small compartments found in the luggage.
– What to take in your makeup/essentials bag:
1. Ensure that you have small plastic bottles with any shampoos etc. that you need.
2. Take only one eyeliner, a mascara, and a small blush with one or two lipsticks. This would be for an easy everyday makeup look.
3. Remember most airports have restrictions when it comes to bottles of perfume. Make sure to take your smallest perfume you have.
4. Last but not least, SUNSCREEN is a huge must!!! ❗️
– What medications to take?
1. It’s crucial to take an antibiotic that can be used for a flu or a tummy bug which are popular in mostly tropical countries.
2. Make sure to take any allergy medications that you need so that you won’t have trouble with sinuses or a running nose
3. The most crucial one of them all is something for fever, it’s extremely important especially if you are traveling with children.
4. Suppositories are a huge help to kids, and breaks the fever almost instantly, and also works for nausea.
5. Any other medications that have been prescribed by your local GP.
For the rest of it, ladies do not forget to roll up your hair iron and pack it between your clothing, there’s no need for a hairdryer as almost every hotel caters for it.